All finished – feeling very happy as we close the door on the shipping container.
The 40 ft container was collected earlier this week and it will be shipped from Botany Bay in Sydney early next week.
Arrival is expected into Duhok, Kurdistan by mid September.
The value of the medical equipment (replaced as new) is $A1.7 million Australian dollars.
Contents will be distributed as follows:
- Medical equipment to Directorate of Health, Duhok for distribution into their 11 hospitals in the Duhok province. Duhok Province was chosen because it houses the most Refugeees and Internally Displaced People in Kurdistan.
- Medical books and Journals to The College of Medicine in Mosul.
- 2,913 x “Womens Health Kits” to NGO The Lotus Flower. The kits will be distributed during Womens Health Workshops in 3 Refugee camps where The Lotus flower have women’s centres. Beneficiaries will be women and girls from the camps.
- Medical equipment donated specifically for use in Sinjar Hospital. Sinjar is the city in Iraq where ISIS committed genocide of the Yazidi people in 2014. The displaced Yazidi’s fled to Kurdistan and have been living in refugee camps for 6 years.
From the photos attached (below) you can see that many people from many organisations from many towns were involved in donating the medical equipment, donating medical books and journals, making the women’s health kits, donating financially and either collecting/delivering the items. Thank you to everyone who helped out in some way – it truly has been a team effort.
If you would like to contribute to the outstanding shipping costs and transportation then we would love to receive your contributions:
- Go to our webpage: www.operationhopeaustralia.com and hit the DONATE button OR
- Make a deposit to our Australian Bank Account as follows: Account Name: Operation Hope Australia Pty Ltd BSB: 034 087 Account Number: 045791 Bank & Branch:Westpac Banking Corporation, Sherwood Branch, Queensland, Australia.