Our objective is to provide hope, compassion and mercy to refugees and Internally Displaced Persons around the world through;
- Raising funds from public and private individuals for projects (both physical and mental) which have a positive, long-term impact on refugee’s and IDP’s lives.
- Provision of aid and resources for improving the lives of refugees and IDPs.
- Raise awareness of the needs of refugees and IDPs in the community.
- Support other organisations working with refugees and IDPs.
Our vision is to help Refugees and Internally Displaced People (IDPs) work towards a better future. We believe that those of us with resources have a social obligation to respond to the suffering of others, regardless of race, politics, gender or belief.
We are working to provide:
- Access to much-needed resources, including aid and physical and mental health services
- Building relationships and friendships by listening and encouraging
- Raising awareness in the wider community.
While some of the people involved in Operation Hope Australia Ltd come from various faith backgrounds, it is non-sectarian and does not seek to promote any particular religious views.
- We will volunteer to work in refugee camps and encourage others with appropriate gifts and skills to participate.
- We will assist volunteers to share stories and information in their home communities (e.g. in churches, service clubs, social media, networks, schools etc).
- We will provide funds to support refugees in camps, by passing on donations to registered NGOs and Organisations who can organise specific projects to help bring hope and healing.
Operation Hope Australia Ltd is based on our faith in God, called to help those in need seeking refuge and asylum, no matter their gender, race or religion. The heart of Operation Hope Australia Ltd is compassion and mercy to refugees around the world. For this reason, Operation Hope Australia Ltd is an organisation of people from all walks of life and all faith communities, who agree with our vision, mission and values.
COMPASSION – We act with the spirit of compassion to everyone we meet, serve and partner with at all times.
INTEGRITY– We act with honesty and are guided by ethical and moral principles in all that we do.
SERVICE – Our actions are motivated by the desire to serve others.
COOPERATION – We work with and alongside others in a spirit of mutuality, respecting diversity and difference in the pursuit of common goals.
ACCOUNTABILITY – We take responsibility for our actions and are accountable for our performance and integrity, by sharing information about our work and governance with all stakeholders and the public.
RESPECT – We recognise the value and diversity of every person and are committed to treating others with due regard for their rights, dignity and integrity.
EFFECTIVENESS – We strive to deliver outcomes that bring about positive change in the lives of refugees.
EQUITY – We are committed to overcoming prejudices and disadvantage and promoting fair and just access to resources and opportunities.
RELIGIOUS DIVERSITY – We treat people from all faiths as equals, having in mind that faiths are bound more to each other by what we have in common, than by our differences.
Operation Hope is incorporated in NSW as a Not for Profit, Limited Liability Company and is a Charity registered with the Australian Charity and Not-for-Profits Commission as a Public Benevolent Institution.
Operation Hope Australia Ltd.
ACN 627 532 790
47 Coal Point Road
Phone +61 2 4959 6442
NSW Charitable Fundraising Authority No: CFN 20511
QLD Charity Registration No: CH3219
Click the following links for more detailed information: