The vision of Operation Hope (Australia) is to help Refugees and Internally Displaced Persons, especially those in camps in the Mediterranean area and the Middle East, have hope for a better future as they seek to rebuild their lives.
We are working to provide:
- Access to much-needed resources, including physical and mental health services
- Building relationships and friendships by listening and encouraging
- Raising awareness in the wider community.
While some of the people involved in Operation Hope come from various Christian backgrounds, it is non-sectarian and does not seek to promote any particular religious views.
- We will volunteer to work in refugee camps and encourage others with appropriate gifts and skills to participate.
- We will assist volunteers to share stories and information in their home communities (e.g. in churches, service clubs, social media, networks etc).
- We will provide funds to support refugees in camps, and enable urgent medical procedures by passing on donations to trustworthy individuals who can organise best value medical intervention, ensuring that 100% of donations to Operation Hope are used for refugees.