Projects of Operation Hope
Our current project due for completion shortly, is the successful delivery of the 40ft shipping container filled with medical and hospital equipment and aid into Bajed Kandala 2 camp in Kurdistan, Northern Iraq. The shipping container is expected to arrive in Bajed Kandala 2 camp in the next week. The medical and hospital equipment will be transported to hospitals and medical clinics in Kurdistan, Sinjar and Syria. The clothes, blankets, educational resources, school clothes, shoes will be distributed among the 5,500 Ezidi people at Bajed Kandala 2 camp. Kim and I are flying to Iraq in February to help with the unpacking and distribution of the contents.
I am coordinating Womens Health Workshops for 1,300+ Ezidi women and girls at the camp…at the conclusion of the workshops they will each receive one of the “Days for Girls” sanitary kits (they are presently on the shipping container).
A further 850 “Days for Girls” kits (that are in the shipping container) will be transported to Rev Chris Callison, in Duhok, enabling the distribution of them through women’s health workshops to the Ezidi women and girls in the camps in the Duhok province.
Proposed 2019 Operation Hope projects:
- Assist in the funding of a female Doctor at Bajed Kandala 2 camp – employment through NGO “Joint Help for Kurdistan”
- Assist in the funding of the monthly medical costs for residents at Bajed kandala 2 camp – ongoing project at Bajed Kandala medical clinic run by “Joint Help for Kurdistan”
- Refurbish the shipping container as per the needs of NGO “Joint help for Kurdistan”
Urgent Project / Special Appeal – January 2019
I have received an urgent request from Dr Hussein from the Sinjar hospital for a oxygen concentrator for the hospital and a mobile oxygen concentrator for the ambulance. The hospital was targeted in air strikes in 2014 and 90% of the building was destroyed and has not been rebuilt.
Dr Hussein now works in a small 4 bed emergency department in what was formerly the primary care clinic in Sinjar. There are a further 6 beds for critical patients. There is currently NO oxygen available in this facility or in the ambulance. A mother died in childbirth in this facility last year and premature babies have died on the 6 hour trip by ambulance to Mosul. Providing these 2 medical devices will ensure that lives are saved both in the hospital and during transport in the ambulance.
We have made the decision to purchase these two items so that Kim and I can transport them in our baggage to Kurdistan, Iraq in a few weeks time and they will be in use before the end of February.
A special appeal has been launched to raise the $A4,100 required to make the purchase.
Donations can be accepted by:
- Deposit to Bank Account at any Australian Bank of online Banking to the account: Operation Hope Australia Ltd BSB: 034087 Account Number: 045791
- Donate online using paypal (there will be a fee that will come out of your donation) or credit card by using the DONATE button on our webpage: operationhopeaustralia.com
- By Cheque made out in favour of Operation Hope Australia Ltd and mailed to: 47 Coal Point Road, Coal Point NSW 2283
Receipts can be issued …… please let us know your email or postal address.